Have you heard of the 21 day fix? It’s a beach body program that ties portion control in with 30 min exercises. During my first 21 days I lost 10 pounds and 10+ inches all over. I felt the best I ever had and never once felt confined to a “diet”. I am excited to continue my 21 day fix journey once again!
My amazing coach Kelley of Kellbewell introduced me to the Fixate Cookbook written by Autumn the designer of the 21 day fix program. For me the cookbook brings it all together and makes it more of a lifestyle then individual containers. I still don’t feel like I’m on a “diet” when I’m doing the 21 day fix but with the cookbook it seems more realistic for a lifestyle. In the book there’s everything from breakfast, salads, dinners, desserts and even cocktails.
The first recipe I tried was the Quinoa & Blackbean salad. And boy was it delicious!
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. Sea salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 1/2 tsp. Red wine vinegar
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 med red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 med orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 med yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (10 oz) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1. Combine lime juice, cumin, and salt in a medium bowl; whisk to blend
2. Slowly add oil, while whisking constantly. Set aside
5. Add quinoa. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, for 10-12 minutes, or until all water has been absorbed. Remove from heat. Cool for 15 to 30 minutes. Set aside.
6. Place cooled quinoa in a large bowl. Fluff with a fork.
I created a recipe card for quick access using the Project Life App because I know it’s going to be one of my go-to recipes.